The Recipe: Spring Vegetable Tagliatelle
Who doesn’t love pasta?! This dish is perfect for these lighter nights and warmer days that come with spring. A simple and tasty dinner, the squeeze of lemon and dash of mustard make this dish zing.
450g mixed spring vegetables such as green beans, asparagus, Broad beans and peas
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. snipped chives
Grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- Halve the green beans and cut the asparagus into 3 pieces on the diagonal.
- Cook the tagliatelle, adding the vegetables for the final 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest from half the lemon and squeeze the juice from the whole lemon.
- Put juice in a small pan with the mustard, olive oil and a little black pepper. Warm through until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and veg, adding 4 tbsp. of the water to the lemon sauce.
- Return the pasta to the pan, reheat the sauce, adding most of the chives, then add to the pasta, tossing everything together well.
- Divide between 4 shallow bowls and top each with black pepper, Parmesan and the remaining chives.