Rudding Park Recipe:
Kitchen Garden Salad
Rudding Park has shared this light and delicious summer salad – inspired by the ingredients all picked fresh from their Kitchen Garden on site.
Enter the competition to win a complete al fresco dining experience for you and 5 others with a Taittinger Champagne reception in the Breeze House in the grounds of Rudding Park here.
8 baby carrots
8 baby turnips
1 bunch spring onions
300g golden beetroot
12 baby onions
200g goats cheese
50ml whipping cream
2 sprigs of thyme
20g pea shoots
For the pickling liquor
350ml cider vinegar
120g caster sugar
2 star anise
1 tsp peppercorn
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
¼ tsp salt
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots. Then boil in salted water with thyme until soft and puree. Season to taste.
- Place items for pickling liquor in a pan bring to the boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves and leave to cool.
- Boil the beetroot until just cooked. Cool, peel and cut into wedges. Place half into pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Slice the rest of the vegetables however you like. Keep half raw and place the rest in the pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Mix the goats cheese and cream until smooth. Season and place into a piping bag.
- Slice the cucumber very thin and roll up (this is to pipe the goat’s cheese in).
- Swipe the carrot puree on the bottom of the plate. Arrange the raw and pickled vegetables on top. Fill the cucumber roll with the goat’s cheese and place onto a plate.
- Finish with pea shoots and grated fresh black truffle on top.