Rudding Park Recipe:
Kitchen Garden Salad
Rudding Park has shared this light and delicious summer salad – inspired by the ingredients all picked fresh from their Kitchen Garden on site.
Enter the competition to win a complete al fresco dining experience for you and 5 others with a Taittinger Champagne reception in the Breeze House in the grounds of Rudding Park here.
8 baby carrots
8 baby turnips
1 bunch spring onions
300g golden beetroot
12 baby onions
200g goats cheese
50ml whipping cream
2 sprigs of thyme
20g pea shoots
For the pickling liquor
350ml cider vinegar
120g caster sugar
2 star anise
1 tsp peppercorn
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
¼ tsp salt
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots. Then boil in salted water with thyme until soft and puree. Season to taste.
- Place items for pickling liquor in a pan bring to the boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves and leave to cool.
- Boil the beetroot until just cooked. Cool, peel and cut into wedges. Place half into pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Slice the rest of the vegetables however you like. Keep half raw and place the rest in the pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Mix the goats cheese and cream until smooth. Season and place into a piping bag.
- Slice the cucumber very thin and roll up (this is to pipe the goat’s cheese in).
- Swipe the carrot puree on the bottom of the plate. Arrange the raw and pickled vegetables on top. Fill the cucumber roll with the goat’s cheese and place onto a plate.
- Finish with pea shoots and grated fresh black truffle on top.
The competition to win an al fresco dining experience in the Breeze House at Rudding Park with Champagne reception, kindly supplied by Taittinger, is now closed.
The winner will be notified by 31st July and announced shortly afterwards.
In the meantime, Rudding Park’s Kitchen Gardener Adrian Reeve shares his kitchen gardening tips here.