The Recipe: Parmesan Spring Chicken
An easy mid-week tea that’s light and full of spring flavours. The parmesan is used as an alternative to breadcrumbs in this recipe for Parmesan Spring Chicken, creating a super tasty and crunchy coating. Adding the vegetables to the mix makes for a quick and nutritious meal that you’ll be making again, week after week!
1 egg white
5 tbsp. finely grated parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
400g new potatoes cut into small cubes
140g frozen peas
Good handful of baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tsp. olive oil
- Heat grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil.
- Beat the egg white on a plate with a little salt and pepper.
- Tip the Parmesan onto another plate.
- Dip the chicken first in egg white, then the cheese.
- Grill the coated chicken for 10-12 minutes turning once until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, adding the peas for the final 3 minutes, then drain.
- Toss the vegetables with the spinach leaves, vinegar, oil and seasoning to taste.
- Divide between four warm plates, and then serve with the chicken.