The Recipe: Halloween Banana Mummies
Halloween this year is going to look a lot different for our little people, so it’s our job to get creative and ensure a fun time is had by all. These Banana Mummies are a great way to get the kids involved in the process, without taking too much effort. Makes 6
100g mini marshmallows
250g dark chocolate, chopped
2½ tbsp sunflower oil
chocolate writing icing
- Peel and halve the bananas crossways and insert a cake pop stick into the cut base of each banana.
- Put on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and freeze for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the eyeballs. Empty the mini marshmallows into a bowl and cut 6 in half crossways.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the sunflower oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Once out of the freezer, dip each banana in the melted chocolate.
- Return to the tray and press in the halved marshmallows to make eyes.
- Freeze for 30 mins, until set.
- Microwave the remaining marshmallows on high for 20-30 seconds, until just melted. Allow to cool so strands form, then wrap around each banana with a fork.
- Using the writing icing, dot an eye onto the marshmallow halves.