The Recipe: Elderflower and Herb Gin Coolers
For a refreshing beverage to welcome in the ever-so-slightly-warmer spring days, these Elderflower and Herb Coolers are perfect. Very Instagram-worthy, these will be the ideal drink to toast (socially distanced) with friends at your first 6 person picnic on 29th March.
2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
2 rosemary sprigs, leaves only
8 edible flowers (such as pansies, rose petals and borage)
50ml rhubarb cordial
150ml elderflower liqueur
330ml can sparkling water
- Put the herbs and flowers into the wholes of an ice cube tray, fill with water and freeze for 2-3 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Pour the elderflower cordial, elderflower liqueur, gin and a large handful of ice cubes into a large jug.
- Stir until the outside of the jug feels cold then strain into 4 tall glasses or champagne flutes.
- Top with the soda water and add a few more ice cubes and the floral ones too.
- Serve immediately – cheers!