The Recipe: Choco Covered Heart Biscuits
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s great to have these simple but oh-so-cute biscuits ready to whip up. This recipe will make 2 dozen, so you can keep a stash for yourself, too!
For the biscuits
175g butter, at room temperature
160g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
275g plain flour
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the ganache
200g dark chocolate, chopped
100ml single cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment
- In a bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy
- Add vanilla extract and egg; whisk well
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add to previous mixture and beat at low until fully integrated and a dough is forme
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut biscuits in the shape of a heart with a cookie cutter. Transfer onto baking tray. Re-roll any scraps of dough and repeat
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Remove and let cool completely in a cooling rack
- In a medium pan, warm cream over medium heat.
- Once bubbles appear on the surface, remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate. Let it rest for 3 minutes, then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Holding a biscuit on one side, dip it in chocolate, covering half of the biscuit. Transfer to a lined baking tray until set
- Repeat with remaining biscuits
- Devour with your Valentine, Galentine or Palentine!